Sunday, June 22, 2008

2nd Service / Paying for Korea Trip

As Clara helped me post, I tried to do so last night but for some reason I just could not load the blogger website or my gmail =(. But anyway, now I am at Joyce's place and this computer seems to be working fine =).

2nd Service
Today I played bass and attended 2nd service. Really quite excited by what God is doing in there; stuff like causing people to really pray alot for the service, people starting to make the effort to come on time for service (please come 5mins earlier for Youth and sit together in the centre isle in future!!!) etc.

What really spoke to me was the message on Humility by Elder Edwin. If anyone has the time please listen to it at the church website http://www.pphbc.org/. God illuminated the self-pride in my life and how many times I have not been humble before God and chose to follow the my own wisdom/the wisdom of the world. Some other points I learnt were:

-If we want to hear God we have to have humility

-We must follow God's ways instead of the world's. Do not be deceived by our pride and believe that we are smart enough to do everything on our own

-Be willing to consider others better than myself

-Be humble when faced with criticism and allow God to speak for up for us in His time

Going to Korea (7-15 Jul)



After the service I went to Chinatown for lunch and to pay up for my Korea Tour. I'll be away from 7-15 Jul so you won't be able to see me for one week during Youth (everybody say,"Awww... we will miss you....") Anybody want anything from Korea? Can throw up some suggestions but I can't promise that I'll be able to buy it =p...

No comments: