Thursday, August 14, 2008

Renewed Perspective

I must confess that I have been really stressed out at school. There isn't much workload but it's just that the culture in business school is really very competitive. I think this compounded by the fact that we were warned repeatedly that would have to build up our CVs /resumes / portfolios now if we wanted to get a good job.

As such, I have been trying to study a bit more but (the books are really quite enormous for a single topic) and been thinking of how I can excel in a CCA, what competitions I should join, think about overseas student exchanges, do internships etc. so I can look good when employers look at my resume.

This has caused me to feel really worried throughout the week but I'm glad that I went for a Campus Crusade (Christian Fellowship). Was frankly not very keen to go at first though I was actually quite excited to join it before entering Uni. Joining Campus Crusade would probably mean I would have 3 CGs to attend, 3 services to attend, 1 Night at Teban, 1 Worship Rehearsal and other misc. ministry commitments every week. I thought to myself where do I find the time for studies and myself?

However I was glad of the timely reminder by the speaker to be a Christian who happens to be a student, not a student who happens to be a Christian. I was also reminded about God's ultimate sacrifice, His son, and there's truly nothing I can do which can repay for that act of grace.

I want to keep my perspective on Jesus during my 4 years in Uni and really live for Him. It's not going to be easy and I still struggle with wanting to do well for myself which would result in less time spent serving Him. It's tough but I will press on with Him!

No comments: