Saturday, December 27, 2008

QT: Revelations 1-3

Today was another eventful day and I do not have any pictures. But I think besides fun stuff it's about time someone posted something they learnt during QT or something encouraging *hint hint*.

So I shall post about my QT today and will try to keep it short. Read from the book of Revelations Chapters.  Will just highlight some of the points that I felt God was speaking to me about:

Rev 3:3
Remember, therefore, what you have received and heard; obey it, and repent. But if you do not wake up, I will come like a thief, and you will not know at what time I will come to you.

In this part, I believe it was Jesus who was talking to the Church of Sardis asking them to really commit everything to God lest they not know when Christ returns. What I took out from it was this:

- Like the church of Sardis we have received and heard from God. But now the challenge is to obey and repent. Don't leave whatever commitments you have back at camp, but as we face "tougher times" back at school, let's really choose to live our lives for God. Be crazy for Him!

- I feel that what happened last year was that God came and impacted many during the camp but many did not continue to press on. Perhaps there was a mindset and complacency that things would definitely change after that event. I hope that in 2009 we won't commit the same mistake and allow the Youth to become cold. We need to wake up to the fact that we need to cross the line (for those who didn't go camp, this means commiting our all to Him) everyday. If we chose to take things easy and fall asleep, when the Holy Spirit wants to move amongst us I'm afraid we will miss it.

There's more to share but I'm guessing some have a tendency of feeling frightened of long posts. So yep, do continue to share your experiences and also your walk with God on the blog yah! Encourage everyone to do so before the year ends! (You can copy and paste from your own blog, let's make this place a "one-stop" blog where we can quickly catch up with fellow CG members)

No comments: