Monday, March 2, 2009

The Death of Sin; The Gift of Grace

Hope no one felt the Monday blues today =). Got an exam today in the evening so if you see this mail please do pray for me. The paper is on Operations Management.

I know I've smsed you all about the Loud Conference and I need to know exactly who is coming and when. So if you are interested please do tell me whether you are signing up full time or on which days you are coming down on. It's from 19-21 March.

I strongly encourage for one and all to go. Haven't been for Loud or Ignite but when I was Youth the other conferences I've been to have really been dynamic and a good time to get my walk re-focused. I'll be going on 21 March (don't have school holidays like you guys =p). Hope to cya!

Been doing your quiet time? Well for this season I'm using the Daily Devotions for Lent which the church sold. Hope to have a culture where we share more about God and the word within the CG and I figured it has to start with me.

Guess the material uses a different version of the bible so from Ephesians 2:5-6
"even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ - by grace you have been saved - and raised us up with him and seated us with him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus"

Do some of you feel that your life is sometimes a mess. That there so many things that are not right with God as we sin against Him and thus we do not feel that we cannot have a close relationship and allow His spirit to live within us because we are not good enough. I hope the verses I extracted out encourage you as it reminds me that it's not by my own effort that I'm found worthy but even when I was dead (I can't think of anything worse than being dead), totally absorbed by my sin God provided a way for me to experience real life. Notice this all happened while we still in our sin.

Moreover we are not just living a life that struggles to merely overcome sin but God raised us up to the heavenly places, right next to Jesus who has all authority. So all we need to do is not be held back by our own guilt or feeling that we are not good enough. Instead claim God's word, return to Him, receive the life that He promises, and a live a life that it is victorious. As this happens we give thanks to God for showing "the immeasurable riches of his grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus"

No comments: