
(Random photo to get your attention)
Found today's passage rather interesting especially these verses from Proverbs 30:2-3
"Surely I am too stupid to be a man. I have not the understanding of a man.
I have not learned wisdom, nor have I knowledge of the Holy one."
Cause recently I've honestly started to few that I am really becoming more stupid. Seriously! As compared to my Primary school days all the way up to JC I thought I was relatively smart but now in Uni I don't know why my brain really seems slower. I can't memorize things as well as last time, I take longer to understand concepts than my peers and it was something I was exactly happy about but wasn't too sad too cause I happy the way God made me =).
The passage (there's still other verses not quoted) reminded me of a few things:
-To be humble and not think that I am so smart and it was my abilities that brought me to where I am
-To acknowledge that God is infintely wiser than me and if I need help in that area I can call on Him
-More importantly the really smart choice to make would be to know God more, understand what He wants to do in my life and obey that because He knows what's best for me. As the song goes "My Future's Decided"
So if any of you perhaps feel the same way, that how come your friends are smarted now that school is in full swing, I hope that you will take heart in putting your trust in God. Be humble and don't feel that life is a race that you must be smarter than your friends (of course study hard) or else it has no purpose. Cause I think that sometimes this is a source of worry for some of us and causes us to feel defeated and down.
Instead as Luke 12:15 goes:
"Take care, and be on your guard against all covetousness, for one's life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions"
Let's not be jealous of other's results, what they have or what we don't have but focus on just doing what God calls us to do, leaving the future in His hands.
Because in Philppinas 4:11-3:
"I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content... In any and very circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need. I can do all things through Him who strengthens me."
And as we place our trust in Him, He will give us joy and the strength to overcome whatever we may be facing.
No comments:
Post a Comment