Monday, August 18, 2008

Praise Him no matter what happens

"Praise Him when things go our way. Praise Him when things do not go our way too."

This phrase sounds easy to accomplish... but tough to act it out.

Whenever something comes our way and we like it, we go about like "Oh God, thank you for this... that... whatever thing.... etc." BUT when something 'orrible comes (for example your classmates love to talk behind your back, or when your faith gets heavily challenged), we usually do not praise God. On the contary, we blame God for anything bad that comes.

So I guess it is the fact that nothing bad ever comes from God. But whatever bad thing we face, such as fanatical Atheists or bad results or some joker trying to piss you off by challenging God, I guess God will make it to become a checkpoint to learn a lesson. And when we learn that lesson, we can praise God for that too.

For my SS and A math tests, I did not get what I expected to. I praise God. My E math test did not get what I expected it to become too. And I went and gave the cold shoulder to God instead. (not that I'm proud of it).

Is it an avenue for us to draw away from God, thinking that God is playing a practical joke? Or is it a foothold for a lesson that is coming?

No comments: