Hi all. Just came back from YA retreat! Just wanna share an encounter with the Holy Spirit during message this morning. Ps Lawrence Chua (invited speaker) was praying for us to be filled with the Holy Spirit. It was during this time when he was praying for me that I truly understand why God intended for me to attend this retreat. Frankly speaking, I was rather reluctant to attend in the first place. Two weeks since attachment started and practically, I am working everyday (mon-fri) from 0830-1800. I couldn't get use to the long working hours and each day, once I reach home I will be too exhausted to do anything else. Therefore, I have neglected my Spiritual life and have not been spending time with God. During the retreat, God spoke to me, telling me that I should not let my busy lifestyle and distractions in my life to keep me away from Him. Instead, God has been calling me to draw back to Him, to lay down all my burdens at His feet, and I will find rest. God has always been there waiting for me, He has never let go of me even though I have been neglecting Him. Sometimes, I really took Him for granted. Now, I realise the importance of spending quality time with God. Even during the struggles in my life, I didn't really ask for solutions from God but now that I realise, He has always been the one blessing me and pulling me through tough times. Praise God:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment